Here are the books you can check out in person at the book expo:
Most of these are also available from Barnes & Noble, Amazon.com, Borders, and other fine booksellers:
- Absolute Beginner’s Guide to Home Automation Discover how to create a push-button “home of tomorrow” with easy control of lights, appliances, HVAC, and security via remote controls, automatic triggers and timers, a home network, remote telephone, or Internet.
- Easy Digital Cameras Full-color step-by-step guide to taking, editing, and using digital photos with typical point-and-shoot digital cameras. Shows you why to use a particular feature such as white balance, EV adjustment, and others, not just how.
- Absolute Beginner’s Guide to Home Networking Network your life, not just your computers! Learn how to create a wired, wireless, or mix-and-match network that enables you to work, play and learn with PCs, digital video recorders, console games, and digital media adapters. Wireless security, VPN usage, and remote access to your home network are major features.
- Leo Laporte’s PC Help Desk Leo and I team up to bring you an updated edition of my PC Help Desk in a Book. Fast-track symptom tables, a complete anatomy of desktop and portable PCs, dozens of flowcharts, and clear writeups help you solve problems with your sick PC in a hurry. New features include coverage of the latest Windows XP Service Pack 2 network wizards, how to repair balky autoplay features with AutoFix, how to troubleshoot imaging and multimedia hardware, and how to upgrade a laptop’s hard disk.
- Leo Laporte’s Guide to Safe Computing This special book/CD package includes the full text of Leo Laporte’s PC Help Desk along with a CD containing a second book, Andy Walker’s Absolute Beginner’s Guide to Security, Spam, Spyware & Viruses along with a collection of Andy’s favorite security tools. This book is a special edition for Sam’s Club and Costco.
- Absolute Beginner’s Guide to A+ Certification This book provides excellent coverage of both the hardware and operating systems portions of the CompTIA A+ Certification exams. In Chapter 1, every objective of the exams is cross-referenced to a particular section of the book. The CD makes it easy to study for the exam, because it contains the entire text in PDF format, as well as several CD-only chapters.